Lavender Cupcakes with Wild Orange Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 drop dōTERRA Lavender Essential Oils
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk (more or less to get correct consistency)
- 1-2 drops dōTERRA Wild Orange essential oils
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer.
- Add first egg and beat until smooth.
- Add second egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add milk, lavender oil.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins to 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl with salt and vanilla and add powdered sugar, about a cup at a time, until mixture gets thick.
- Add wild orange oil and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Frost cupcakes as desired.